Sunday, January 1, 2012

The End of Times

Yay 2012! Lots of lovely things to look forward to this year like going to IUP in the fall, turning 21, and, the most exciting bit, the end of the world! -insert party blower noise here-

I don't really buy into the whole end of the world bit, though I'm oddly excited to see what sort of events will take place that day. Shall be interesting.

But today's post is not to discuss the end of the world. Today I wish to put down my resolution for the new year.

For the year of 2012 I resolve to finish the shit I've started. The sweaters, manuscripts, the awesome steampunk outfit, the Hogwarts scarves I'm very far behind on.  Mostly, I want to finish the manuscripts. Well, a manuscript at the very least. Now, it doesn't need to be edited by the end of the year, but I need a full story with a beginning, middle, and end that flows in a properly useful sort of way. But I will finish things. I will cut back on my addiction to tumblr and just write. I will cut back on Sims 3, Harvest Moon, and laying in bed sleeping for an unnecessary long time. I want to be a writer, and the only way that'll happen is if I write, so that's what I'll do. And inbetween writing, I will finish the fifty sweaters I've started and the Hogwarts scarves I owe friends. And this is the goal.

So help me if the world ends just as I finally finish a manuscript. I will do horrible things to stuff then... I have no clue what sort of horrible things or to what I shall do these horrible things to, but it will occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment