Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Skirts! . . . Well, a Skirt

I've been slowly teaching myself to sew since the summer. I've always known the basics, but I've been actually putting things together with and sometimes without patterns.

Last night I made a skirt with just to squares I found hiding out in my mother's closet of DOOM. This is where she keeps all her material, cook books, and anything that might be considered a craft supply.

Here's what I made:


As you can see it's a basic black and white print with flowers and a cute little boarder around it. It also has pockets! I thought that was a nifty addition. I have a few more squares and scrap material I plan to try this with.

I had decided my closet was severely lacking in skirts, and this corrected this little fact. I plan to wear it to class tomorrow with my new shoes that came two days early! 


These are the shoes. Aren't they most adorable things? I love them so much. They're a touch small as I went half a size down rather than up. I feared they'd fall off had I gotten a size 9. But I'll suffer gladly in order to wear these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment