Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ugh, Not in the Mood...

It's been that sort of year... Not particularly in the mood for anything other than staring up at the ceiling blankly wishing I had reason to go outside. There is no snow on the ground to go sledding and it's too cold and rainy to just sit outside to stare blankly at the treeless backyard. And I officially suffer from a rather extreme case of social anxiety without it officially being labeled a "disorder." So, you know, that's been fun dealing with for the past year and a half... (And by that, I mean it's been outwardly noticeable for that long.)

So I'm in the mood for nothing other than wandering bookstores and staring at clothing on the internet I can't afford. I did, however, impulse buy shoes from Modcloth because they have cat faces on the toes. It was a level of need nothing could have survived. (The shoes come Friday. SO EXCITED!)

I wanted to post a picture of them, but apparently their sold out as the link to them is gone... Knew those shoes were worth it.

On the plus side, I've written about 5000 words and I still haven't lost interest in this particular story line. In fact, it has a plot. A full on, particularly well thought out, plot. I am so excited to have an actual plot for once. I normally suck at those. Characters, I can pour out endlessly, plots... It's taken me years to come up with just one.

One of my incredible friends and I have been emailing each other back and forth with bits of the stories we write. This way we can make sure we're writing things people other than ourselves understand and that what we write makes sense to begin with. Much better than handing it to family members who coo over it and say what a good writer we are even if it's the most dreadful limerick the world has ever suffered.

Speaking of poetry, I once wrote a brilliant short story about demons who could only be vanquished by haikus. One day I'll incorporate this into something more important than boredom during class. Some people doodle, I write haikus for killing demons. Beat that.

And now I have coffee, so I might as get back to writing. I do have plans to have one whole manuscript by the end of this year after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment